Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 229: Diamonds are forever

If his Jesus bling
Is all that he says it is
I'll mug him myself

After a long day of work and train trouble, I had the good fortune having to stand very close to man who picked a noisy and very one-sided fight with the train motorman. This performance culminated in an exaggerated waving of a navel-length diamond necklace with a diamond-encrusted Jesus head on it (try though I might, I can't find a picture of anything as appalling as the real thing online -- but this video is pretty close). He was loudly proclaiming that the necklace was all diamonds. Well, his actual words were "this shit's real, yo! It takes you a year to make what I make in a week!" followed by a lot of incoherent rambling and necklace-swinging. It's always advisable to yell about your valuables on a crowded subway platform.

No comments:

Post a Comment