Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 175: Ranting at the ranters

This is hallowed ground?
Blocks of tchotchke vendors and
A few titty bars?

I've been following the (grossly misnamed) "Ground Zero Mosque" debacle as closely as anyone, and I must say I'm finding the entire thing mildly ridiculous. Having worked a few blocks from the World Trade Center site for several years, I can confidently say that while the site itself is indeed important both to individuals and to the entire city, the surrounding area is nothing more than a fairly gritty lower Manhattan neighborhood. I'm tired of people from places like Wasilla acting like they know what it's like to live in New York -- or know anything about life in a diverse society, for that matter.

Curious as to what the area around Ground Zero is really like? Check out this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment