Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 284: Heat Wave

Welcome to New York's first official heat wave of the year.

We swim through the streets
Choking on humidity
And collective funk

I have no delusions about remaining fresh as a daisy on my commute when the mercury hits 80. Once it hits 95, I no longer have the energy to be embarrassed about my pit stains.

We can't install our A/C unit because they are doing construction on the front of our building and all it will do is suck in dusty construction air. Also, there is a very real possibility that it will be knocked out by falling bricks. I'm safely at work, where I can enjoy air conditioned splendor. Patient Boyfriend has strict instructions to relocate to the public library (with both cats in tow) if it gets too hot. That should be interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Poor patient boyfriend and kitties! And poor you riding on the subway. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete