Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 239: Wheezing in the New Year

My constricted lungs
Rob me of my words and leave
Me gasping for air

I still have pneumonia. There is nothing very poetic about a lung ailment that involves wheezing, phlegmy coughs, and exhaustion. On the bright side, I could probably clear half a subway car and get a seat to myself with said wheezy, phlegmy cough. That is, is I were allowed to leave the house.

Also, and I really can't emphasize this enough, don't even contemplate getting pneumonia if you don't have health insurance. If I had known how pricey these chest x-rays, IV antibiotics, and designer cough syrups would be I would have chosen a cheaper illness.

I also have two more weeks of modified bed rest to look forward to. I can't imagine I will find very much inspiration in my apartment, but I will do my best to post some haiku.

No comments:

Post a Comment