Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 240: Uninspired but Well-Rested

I am still alive
But I have nothing to say
And I'm really bored

I have been under house arrest for the past week in an attempt to clear my lungs. I am no longer sleeping 20 hours a day and coughing the other four, which is a nice improvement. Instead, I am very, very, very bored. The doctor warned me this would happen. I think her exact words were "In two weeks you'll feel a lot better, but DO NOT DO ANYTHING AT ALL or the pneumonia will come back. You're going to be really bored." I still get winded if I try to do something strenuous, like sweep the floor (!), but I was allowed to take a supervised 5-block walk yesterday. Since the walk culminated in Thai takeout, it was easily the highlight of my recent life.

No comments:

Post a Comment