Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 326: I Feel the Earth Move Under My Feet

My office lurches
The floor sways from side to side
Like a high-rise boat

It was my first earthquake, and it was frigging scary (and surprisingly nauseating). My office is on the 27th floor of a building that is sandwiched between two very famous NYC landmarks. So when the earthquake hit, we didn't think it was an earthquake. A lot of people are blathering about how everyone over-reacted. All I can say is that we didn't know what had happened and whether it was in the building, and that's when security told us that we were not allowed to leave the floor. Sound familiar? No? Think back about 10 years.

And for all those jerkwads in California saying we're wimps, they can call me back when they get buried under a few pesky feet of snow for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment